- - - - -

Question of the Week -- June 18, 2017

Good morning!
Welcome to the start of a new week! It's Father's Day, too, so I'm sure that many of you are celebrating the day with those special men in your lives. This is going to be a quick one since I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done today.

How would you finish this sentence..."Nothing inspires me like..."?

Take care and have a wonderful week!

17 Comments

Photo
Donna in NH
Jun 18 2017 10:12 AM

...going to a quilt show!  :)

I love being able to see everything up close and personal. The colors, patterns, textures, fabrics, gadgets, other quilters... so much fun! I always come home itching to try new things.

Looking forward to VQF on Friday.

......color. 

A Quilt Show!  Went to a great one (which is almost local)  last week, with almost 300 quilts, The Schoolhouse Quilters' Show in Cumberland Maryland.  I'm still smiling.  Found "Clues in the Calico", which I've wanted for many years, on the flea market table where books were $2 each!  My big score for the week/day/month (maybe year).    :)   

My own guild is having a quilt show this coming September.  I'm usually very involved but have been completely out of everything on this one from last October to now due to serious health issues of two close family members.  I'm just now getting back to even going to meetings.  I was really missing my quilting buddies.

Photo
Helen Baczynski
Jun 18 2017 12:24 PM

A challenge - such as making a quilt to fit a show's theme, or a mystery, or a round robin, or using a specific fabric, or some other guidelines.

Color (me too Laura).

Photo
RileyBigshoes
Jun 18 2017 12:51 PM

You guys.

Photo
sueinscottsdale
Jun 18 2017 01:31 PM

Going to shows and classes. I love to see what others are doing/have done and the color choices they have made. Seeing how others do things in so many different ways from what I see is very inspiring to me. Also, I love coming here and seeing what everyone has done. This site is great inspiration!

Photo
brunerwoman
Jun 18 2017 02:16 PM

MQR......i steal stuff from you guys all the time. hahahaha

Photo
Kwilt n Deb
Jun 18 2017 03:04 PM

Definitely a quilt show, and of course the vendor hall after I see all the quilts!

I would have to say since I found this web site 

It's All of You!!!  And Thank you!!

Seeing a wonderfully made quilt -- either here, on Facebook, or at a quilt show.

Here on MQR and from several You Tube vloggers that I follow. I also follow Bonnie Hunters' blog because she has a virtual "quiltshow" for every workshop and I enjoy seeing all those beautiful quilts.

MQR, Pinterest and quilt shows.  So many ideas come from you ladies!!!!

Rays of sunshine on my face in the morning.

Spending time with quilting friends - at a meeting, quilt show, retreat, or here on MQR.

MQR! I can't get to the quilt shows as they're all to far away.

It was nice to have AQS visit Phoenix, but due to lower turnout than other places I heard they aren't coming anymore. So.... My quilt show is here.

Seeing the incredible work of fellow quilters and the wonderful way they are willing to share with others.