- - - - -

WIP Wednesday Post -- June 14, 2017

Good morning!
It's Wednesday and time for a WIP update. We're mid-way through June, and it's amazing how quickly time seems to fly by at times.

I've been plugging away on a client's quilt that is getting a full custom treatment. I did complete a lap quilt for another client, too. I was able to get quite a few things planted outdoors. I still have a few flats of annuals that I need to get into the ground later this week.

Your turn! Quilt-related or not, we always enjoy seeing and hearing about your projects.

12 Comments

Photo
Helen Baczynski
Jun 14 2017 11:43 AM
I have a friend's quilt on my machine, it's for her sister. My friend is in her early 80's and slowing down so I said I'd quilt this for her. I was going to work on it this morning but as is typical for me, I got side tracked onto making an organized list of all the quilts I've made over the years. This was prompted by organizing photos on the computer.

Just plugging away at the bathroom remodel.  Drywall is all hung and I started the taping and mudding process.  I hope to finish with the mudding this weekend and begin priming and painting next week.

Photo
brunerwoman
Jun 14 2017 12:36 PM

I am working on  a Jacobs Ladder. 2 more rows of ruler work to go....then a couple borders and the large squares in the middle. a few more days yet.

Starting this one. She was thinking custom but I talked her into a panto instead. Phew! With all the colors I felt a panto would be fine. It's a wedding gift but it's so bright - not quite heirloom type of quilt for custom.  I'll be cutting out fabric for the Unbeweavable quilt I'll take in a class at the LQS. Getting out of the house. Just the background fabrics alone - 562 3.25" squares!!!!  

Attached File  marge.jpg   190.28KB   0 downloads

A quickie freehand  off the machine today...well, it should have been quick, but I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days so it took longer than it should have. 

Attached File  DSCN2952.JPG   215.55KB   3 downloads

Attached File  DSCN2953.JPG   206.48KB   1 downloads

We went from cool, crisp mornings and 70ish degree days to the 90s overnight and it's hanging on all week. I don't enjoy hot weather to begin with and when it changes so suddenly it really throws me off. Thunderstorms supposed to be coming over the next few days and I am looking forward to them

I spent the day in the car, driving from Boulder to Kansas City for the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival, which starts tomorrow. I filled my time with classes, assuming the show would continue through Sunday like it did last time, but then found out it's just Thurs-Sat. So I'll enjoy the classes and see whatever I can see! My family lives in Kansas City, so I'll stay through next week and have some more fun visiting everyone.

I also made a new computer bag last weekend. The zipper on my old one kept splitting so I definitely needed a new one!

I am struggling with poison ivy on my face. I tried over the counter stuff on the weekend but called the doctor and got prednisone on Monday. I have it near my eyes, It is most of my forehead with some on left cheek, chin, nose, behind ear, on neck. It sucks. I never had it before. It got worse each day until I got the prednisone. 

I had 2 huge trees trimmed. One was topped. I can see the house now. I have some daylight!  It is nicely done in the front. Kinda sloppy in the back. Still like the group that did it.  

No quilting the last couple days with the yard work and trying to get vines off the fence. That's how I got the poison ivy. 

Jo Ann, I am still planting some of my bulbs and flowers. It was too cold here this year. 

Terry, I am sure it is going to be amazing when you are done and worth the work.

Shirley, I like the Jacobs Ladder quilts. I would love to see it finished.

Laura, No way I could make that one in the class. 

Terry, I love that. You're freehand is one of the most elegant that I have seen. 

Nancy, hope you love all your classes, have a great time and visit with family.

Photo
cat-on-a-mac
Jun 14 2017 09:00 PM

OH, Denby, I so feel for you!  I used to get really bad outbreaks of PI when we lived in NC.  And I absolutely hate prednisone, but it does work.

I pieced this top over the weekend, and just got it on the frame to quilt.

Attached File  IMG_0298.JPG   152.62KB   0 downloads

Photo
marrs_cynthia
Jun 14 2017 09:24 PM

Denby, I feel your pain with the Poison Ivy. We have Poison Oak here in OR. I think it's the State Flower. When my beloved kitty,Jake, was alive, he used to give me PO at least twice in the spring. Then I finally started seeing my physician for the shot. Life saver. 

Sounds like everyone has been busy!  Thanks for sharing your stories and photos.

Both art quilts done and posted.  The North Idaho guild's quilt show in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, is this coming Friday and Saturday for anyone close enough to go.  It's a fun show and lots of vendors.  I loaded a customer quilt tonight and will have some catching up to do over the next couple weeks.  You play, you pay!

Cathy, I love the prednisone. I get really happy on it!
I feel great on it cause nothing hurts and I am not tired.

Cynthia, I have looked at a ton of info and I saw that you can get it from pets.
I was surprised at that. I am doing some more work to weed it out. I never new
what other went thru with it. I got scared when it showed up around my eyes.
Photo
cat-on-a-mac
Jun 15 2017 06:37 AM

Cathy, I love the prednisone. I get really happy on it!
I feel great on it cause nothing hurts and I am not tired.

Gosh, really?  It really messed up my taste buds.  Everything I ate tasted like cardboard.  AND, I started having hot flashes!  That could have just been a coincidence, but I"ll always blame it on the drug!