- - - - -

WIP Wednesday Post -- June 7, 2017

Good morning!
It's Wednesday and time for our weekly WIP update.

I've been busy, but I sure don't have much to show for it. Still plugging away on a client's quilt that is getting a custom treatment. I did finish a small baby quilt for a new client.

Your turn! Quilt-related or not, what projects have you been working on this week?

13 Comments

Photo
Vicki in MN
Jun 07 2017 08:52 AM

I am packing and heading up to Duluth for the MN quilt show!  Yeah, I needed an outing badly:)  I hope I find something fun to buy, LOL,  well last year I wasn't all that impressed-I waited for something new to grab my attention and it just didn't happen. Or is that saying I have too much and don't need more!

I have been making more 18" doll clothes this week.  So much fun, I love making them.  The vest goes with another outfit, I just had to cover some nakedness so I could show you this stinkin' cute skirt! 

Attached File  DSCN0885.JPG   70.22KB   2 downloads

Photo
brunerwoman
Jun 07 2017 09:00 AM

your doll clothes are adorable.

i am still slugging along on a custom quilt. i COULD be finished with it today if i applied myself, but i have a stinking feeling that is not going to happen.  i am leaving town tomorrow morning so i have too many other things on my mind.

Photo
Helen Baczynski
Jun 07 2017 09:39 AM

When it gets too hot to be outside today, I shall retreat to the basement and bind my niece's quilt.

Love the doll skirt!

I haven't accomplished much this week. One of my cats got an abscess behind his ear, so I've been dealing with that. We had to go in again yesterday to get a feline e-collar since I couldn't get him to leave it alone. It's already showing a lot of improvement! I had been planning on driving to Kansas City on Friday to visit with family before the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival next week, but I've had to push that back to give him more time to heal. He's not very happy with the collar, but his sore sure looks a lot better this morning. I'm hoping it'll heal fast enough that I'll be able to drive to Kansas City on Monday. Cross your fingers!

Love the dolls skirt!  I also just love making doll clothes - all mygranddaughters are in their twenties, so now I make them for the library benefit craft show.  So much fun - and the 18" are not only very popular, but a decent sizze to work with, too.

Show more?

Yvonne

Working on a custom baby quilt. The doll clothes are so cute!  Are there patterns - my gd has an American Doll now. 

Attached File  better.jpg   149.43KB   0 downloads

I am still plugging away on yard work and my master bathroom renovation.  Last weekend, I hung the new drywall, where the old tub used to be.  This weekend, I will be installing ceiling electrical boxes, wiring them up for two future pendant lights and hanging drywall in the former soffit above the sink area.  Once the drywall is completely hung, I can apply the plaster and tape to finish it off. 

Vicki, that doll skirt is really cute  and Laura, love seeing what you've done so far.  I finished the larger of my two art quilts.  I'll post pictures later on Saturday after the local reveal.  One small one to go.... 15" x 21".   Thank  goodness they made it a small one.  That has to be turned in next Wednesday.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute (I'm a champion at that).

Our first hot day of summer today - supposed to reach 90.  Then on to a cold front and highs in the 60s tomorrow.  I prefer the cooler days myself although I won't complain.  This last winter was a doozy.

I am piecing a  strip quilt and I have this quilt loaded to work on. This is also for the kids camp. 

Attached Files

I finished piecing this Ginny Beyer top over the weekend. It was an old kit that has been marinating in my
cabinet for several years. Those mitered corners with the border fabric are always interesting but these turned out pretty well.

I also made an unexpected trip to see my Mom. She ended up in the hospital over the weekend with a bad reaction to a new blood pressure med. She's home and doing great now. I stayed with her the first few days after
getting out of the hospital - partly to make sure she was ok but mostly to try to make her take it easy for a
few days! She's 84 but on the go all the time. It was fun to have some one on one time with her.

Peg

Attached Files

great job with the mitering Peg.  I've been doing a little quilting, a bunch of appointments here and there, for me and for the kids....fighting with iphone and outlook because my calendars quit syncing.....but I got them syncing again today.  Also feeling victorious because I re-learned how to get the photos from iphone to PC (because I don't want them just in icloud--if I delete on one device it deletes on all).

I am working on my cake stand quilt.  Liking it so far.  I marked with blue marked and sprayed Sew Clean on it.  Now it has a slight brown cast where the Sew Clean was used.   Will this wash out when I wash the quilt?????Attached File  DSC01116.JPG   132.94KB   0 downloads
Attached File  DSC01114.JPG   144.55KB   0 downloads
Attached File  DSC01115.JPG   131.54KB   0 downloads

Joyce, I sure HOPE you can get the brown marks out!!  I read somewhere once " tried many different solutions to remove the brown marks, and was only successful when I used a gallon of plain white vinegar in the machine with the wet quilt."

I love the little AG outfit as well as all the quilts posted so far!  :Applause:

Working on a custom baby quilt. The doll clothes are so cute!  Are there patterns - my gd has an American Doll now. 

attachicon.gifbetter.jpg

Laura, yes there are lots of patterns for AG doll clothes!  Nancy Zieman has had several episodes on easy ways to make them.  Check out her youtube site!

BTW, is that narrow sashing design one that came with our Innova AP???  I would love to know where you found it, as it is just perfect for such a delicate quilt.