- - - - -

Question of the Week -- April 16, 2017

Good morning!
Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring; and welcome to the start of a new week!

How will you be spending the day? Will you be celebrating Easter with family and friends?

Please take a moment to share your answers with us in the forum. Whatever you may be doing, I hope your day is filled with joy and peace. Take care and have a great week.

16 Comments

Photo
brunerwoman
Apr 16 2017 10:14 AM

hubby is going to town to get bbq ribs and baked potatoes for later. no cooking for me...i'm playing in the studio. haha

Quiet day here.  We'll have a ham dinner later, but it will just be hubby, me and my son.    I'm going out to do some quilting this morning.  I love the quiet in the neighborhood on Sundays.

Photo
Helen Baczynski
Apr 16 2017 10:56 AM

Nothing special going on here for us - just another day, but it is sunny so I may emerge from the sewing basement and dig the veg plot.

Nothing special here, either. But it should be a nice day, so I'm hoping it'll be warm enough to spend some time on the deck.

Quiet day here also.  Spent the morning putting  mulch down in the garden.  Beautiful day for doing anything outside.  Resting right now and will be going upstairs in a few to do some sewing.

Quilting on a custom. Getting 'er done. 

The day started out great.  Headed out to Walterville to take a walk around the pond with my sister and our dogs.  3.5 miles, where the dogs can run off leash.  My last walk with my sister before she leaves on Wednesday to thru-hike the Appalachian trail from Georgia-Maine.  Just as we were finishing, Ozzie was having so much fun, he decided to roll in a great big pile of POOP!  I had to bundle him in a huge towel, drive the 20 miles home with the windows down because of the stench, and immediately peel off my clothes and hop in the shower with him when we got home.  Now that we're all clean (I'll probably need to burn his collar), we have a spiral ham and roasted parsnip fries being cooked for dinner.  Hopefully, the rest of the day will be a bit more peaceful!

quiet here too. DH is home and we have spoken to all the kids and grands. Found out that our DD will have a Phoenix layover next month! We will get to see her! That made my whole day. She has not gotten many west coast flights yet, so this is a first. I might have to meet her as she comes thru security and go all 'excited mom' on her. I have not seen her in her uniform yet. 

Attached File  erinpilot.JPG   182.41KB   0 downloads

Watching Diamondbacks play the Dodgers, signing tax returns (ick!) and getting ready to cook ham/hashbrown casserole and veggies. I might sew after the game. yay!

that sounds great Beth,

We are having Easter Dinner here, friends arriving momentarily.  SIL has been here, which is great, because she has kept DH occupied, while kids do homework and I quilt.  My part of dinner was done before church this morning, so I've spent the afternoon at my Innova, trying to catch up (I'm behind again). 

Photo
RileyBigshoes
Apr 16 2017 05:17 PM

We had Easter Dinner here.  I did quilt a bit this morning while the others were occupied doing various other things.  They've all gone home now, extra chairs put away, floors swept, dishwasher has been run (for the third time today--most unusual at my house!), and I'm watching Easter Parade and waiting for Call the Midwife.

A wonderful day here.  We had a housefull -- 2 DD's and their husbands as well as 2 grandchildren.  After church DS and wife and their two as well as DDIL's parents came over for dinner.  The grands played outside (gorgeous weather was a plus) and hunted Easter eggs.  The 4 babies are 1,2,3,and almost 4.  They are little stairsteps and had so much fun together.  The last family just left, but everyone chipped in so most of the clean-up is done as well.  A blessed Easter indeed.

We had our Easter dinner yesterday, as my husband travels to work on Sunday afternoons. We had turkey breast on the grill, new potatoes and broccoli. A little time in the spa and a fire in the chiminea. A little wine, a cigar for him. Life is good!

Today has been pretty quiet. We spent the morning with our pool solar guy getting the solar heat for the pool going. This afternoon I've been working on crochet mandalas for our quilt retreat coming up in September.

Happy Easter, friends!Attached File  image.jpeg   157.19KB   0 downloads

We had a wonderful day!  Daughter #1  was home for the weekend. My daughter is 37 but last night she dyed eggs because she saw a new (at least to us) way to do it.  It was pretty neat you do it with rice.  Today we all went to church together then after church the other daughter, her wonderful husband and my 89 year old mother came up for lunch/dinner.  I cooked a ham in the crock pot, and made mashed potatoes.  I also opened a can of cranberries and green beans.  Daughter #1 made deviled eggs with the eggs she didn't dye.  Daughter #2 made a salad and gravy.  It was all wonderful, after that settled I made coffee, while Daughter#2 bought out dessert, she made a carrot cake trifle!!!!  O my was that incredibly delicious!  

We had a quiet day - went out to brunch but that's about it.   However next Sunday my daughter, son-in-law and grand babies (2 yr old  and 5 month old) will be here.  I can't wait!!!  I'm almost counting down the hours - lol

I did finish up piecing months 4 and 5( accidentally available early on the site for a few hours) of my TQS BOM.  Now I have to get working on quilting the quilt I have loaded for my grandson.  

Peg

Had a busy Easter but a bit less than other years. Our family around the table was cut in half due to other engagements elsewhere. Somehow I ended up cooking just as much though. Lol. Had ham, potatoes casserole, green beans, stuffed cabbage, halusky, pierogis,kielbasa,fruit salad and carrot cake. Can anyone say...pass the leftovers? Only had one grandchild for the Easter egg hunt. He noticed it was nicer by himself since he didn't have to race his cousins to get to the eggs. Lol. Around 8pm 4 more family members arrived to make a sleepover break in their road trip. This added 2 more grandkids opening their baskets and all the cousins chasing and yelling. Grandma was glad when it was time to put my head on my pillow. This week and next will be busy quilting and getting prep work done for our guild getaway at the end of the month. Better get my sneakers laced up and get going!

I spent the Easter holiday removing the floor tile and tub from my master bath.  The demolition is almost completed.  Now to start ordering all the new stuff to go back in there.